Tuesday 25 September 2012

I Found A Friend

I Found A Friend
Written by Justina Braun

I found a special friend,
One who knows me to the end.
She came to Blue Creek one day,
And I didn't know what to say!

She looked scared and utterly shy,
If I would do something wrong, she would fly.
I tiptoed around her at first,
Just to make sure her bubble wouldn't burst.

I watched her closely when she came around,
To see if a tear could be found.
Her heart was closed up and locked,
And I made it my job to find a key to that lock!

It didn't take long to get in,
And it felt like in Blue Creek she had always been.
Now I don't know what I'm going to do,
Cause I'm leaving a friend oh so true.

You, my friend, I do Love,
I thank my heavenly Father from above,
For sending me a friend who understands
Who helps me up with an out stretched hand!

I hope I can repay, for what you have done for me,
And for teaching me thank you and please.
I look up to you, Suz, and hope someday to be,
As good as a friend you have been to me.

Dedicated to Suz Wiebe!

No comments:

Post a Comment