Thursday 11 October 2012

The Pressure Of Pleasing People

The Pressure Of Pleasing People
Written by Justina Braun

I'm trying to gather all my emotions.
It's gotten too loud; I often can't hear through all the commotions!
I'm scared to take the next step, what if it's the wrong one?
For pleasing people is my trap, help me out before all hope is gone.

I get up each morning thinking to myself things will change,
But no one wants change cause it's something strange.
Now if it were only in the store I think I could make it work,
Many times I wonder if my forehand says, "trouble the clerk".

You may want to know what I mean with this.
It's like I'm kissing the ground people walk on and hope I won't miss.
For many years now I've been pleasing people,
And it seems that's what it is when you are business people!

By working in public and in view of many generations,
I realized I have learned to think before speaking in aggravation.
Yes, I'm still just human, and when hurt, I get defensive.
Yet I have learned to hold it all in, I just become sensitive.

Now don't get me wrong,
I'm a people person and that's my song.
Just sometimes it becomes hard to sing,
When the words do nothing but sting.

I know one thing for a fact,
I'm here for a reason and much more then just an act.
So if you need an encouragement upload, or even just a download of feeling,
Find me where I am, and carry on with a renewed feeling!

1 comment:

  1. I too often need to find people who are great listeners...so that I can unload and move on with my life and not just keep spinning in the same mud hole. I guess I can do that best by writing about it, and then I move on.

    ReplyDelete